Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Work in Progress: Egyptian Stripe Cuff

There are lots of new things happening on the bead tray this week, including another totally open and not at all secret project. I’m finishing up my little creative break with a simple herringbone cuff using a classic Egyptian pattern. Then I’ll be moving on to some classified experiments with Ancient Roman glass!

It took a while to find the right color palette for the new cuff. Originally I had wanted to do blue and red with gold, but I didn’t have any transparent red Czech seed beads. Then I thought two different blues would look nice, but the other shades of transparent blue I had are all really small and I didn’t want to go crazy culling them. Finally I decided on blue and green, which actually looks great with the medium topaz.

Egyptian Stripe Cuff Bracelet in Progress


I’ve also got a new pincushion, which I am totally loving. As much as I adored my grim-faced “Don’t Poke Me” pincushion, I really needed to find something that took up less room in my workspace. I don’t have time right now to craft a little bottle cap pincushion, so I borrowed a handmade felt mushroom house from my craft collection. It’s not heavy enough on the bottom and occasionally topples over, but otherwise it works great and makes the bead tray look a lot happier. It’s a nice change of pace.

Egyptian Embroidery Medallions


Last week’s neon medallion is trimmed and ready to string. I was surprised by the last minute addition of aqua to the palette, but it turned out fabulous. I really like to do several sliding knot projects all at once, so I’ll probably wait until we have at least one more finished medallion before finishing these and adding them to the collection.

What are you working on this week?

Copyright 2014 Inspirational Beading
Subscribe to Inspirational Beading
Get inspired on Facebook and Google+


2 comments:

  1. I love your blog and have learnt so much from the tutorials you have posted. I have got inspired many a times and tried out bead embroidery and the beaded ropes.
    Reading your blog is a welcome break from my day job and I love it. Thanks for all the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that you like it! Thank you so much for reading.

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Fire Mountain Gems and Beads

Inspiration Topics

accessories amulet Ancient Worlds Modern Beads animals April's Army art ArtFire astrology astronomy autumn awards awareness bangle beach Bead Inspired Bead Shops bead soup bead spotlight bead stash Bead Trays beaded beads beading theory beads belt bezel birthstones black blog spotlight blue boho bone book spotlight bracelet Bracelet A Week branch fringe brick stitch brown bugles buttons cabochon ceramic chain maille challenge charity chevron chain christmas collar Collections color Color Ideas color triads conservation craft shows crafts crochet crystals cuff Culled Beads current events Current Faves daggers Daily Sets daisy chain Delicas Destash drops Dutch spiral earrings Egypt Egyptian Gods embellishing embroidery environment etsy exotic fair trade fantasy fashion Favorite Beads Favorite Techniques feminine fibers film findings fire polish fixtures Flashback Test flickr inspiration flowers food found object free form fringe Geek Jewels geekery gemstones geography giveaway glass gold gray Greece green herringbone hex cuts history holiday home decor insects inspiration tip inspired beader Inspired by... Inspiring Links ivory Jewelry Stash knitting ladder stitch lampwork lariat leaf fringe leather lights literature loomwork macrame magatamas Master Class Medallions metal free metalwork Mini Collar a Week mixed media mixture Mood Board MOP multi-color multi-strand music natural beads nature necklace Necklace a Day Nepal chain netting New Beads ocean ombre orange paint paper patterns pearls pendant peyote photography Picasso finish pink Pinspiration PMC polymer clay poster sketch purple quick inspiration rainbow RAW red resin ring Ring a Day rivoli Rome Russian spiral scarf science seed beads shell silver soutache spiral rope spring square stitch St. Petersburg steampunk stringing stripes summer tagua TBT The Elements thread Tilas Time Capsule tools trade beads triangle weave tribal tropical turquoise tutorial two-hole beads Ugly vintage Wear it Twice weather white winter WIP wire wishlist wood World Beaders yellow
Blog Home * About * Beading Tutorials * Advertise

Learn About Sponsoring Inspirational Beading with Project Wonderful
Affiliated With ShareASale.com and Amazon.com